Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sit. Be Still. Be Quiet.

I love water. I love being in it. I love being around it. I love hearing it. I love feeling it. I love water.

And sometimes, I try to be like water. Years ago, I heard a wonderful meditation from someone at an Association for Experiential Education conference I attended years ago and it stuck with me. The essence was: be like water. It doesn't try, it just does. It trickles. It meanders. It wanders. It molds. It shapes. It softens. It cleanses. And so can you. It can be life saving and it can be life taking. And so can you.

So today, I have a brief video I'd like to share with you taken rather impromptu from my basic iphone at mile 2.5ish of my 6+ mile hike this morning. It's brief, but the words just...flowed (see what I did there?). I stood on the bridge another 5 minutes just listening to the babbling brook and taking it all in. Fully experiencing the moment. Letting the water in my body become at one with the water in the stream...where did it come from? Where will it end up? Nobody knows. Just like me. Just like you.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment