Sunday, March 4, 2018

Make Life Easier

I posted this on my Facebook the other day, and now I've found a beautiful article to go with it.

In general, I believe that we each have an obligation--a social contract--to make one another's lives just a little bit easier. It doesn't take much and can be as simple as: learning about someone's likes/dislikes, learning about and diagnosis they may have (Biased opinion there on my part), smiling at them and wishing them a good day as you hold the door in the morning, bringing them a coffee for no reason, calling to share the name of a book or show they may LOVE...the list can be quite varied and inexpensive. But it is our social obligation to ease the burden of life for someone else. Whatever way(s) we have the means to accomplish that is our call and responsibility. These are NOT mere random acts of kindness, these are INTENTIONAL acts...the intent being to make your life easier and more pleasant. It's as simple as that. So here is the article I stumbled upon...

Teachers Create Comfort Closet

And this is my FAVORITE NPR Story Corps (which is my favorite podcast)

A Victim Treats His Mugger Right
(we listen to this story in one of my ethics classes)

No comments:

Post a Comment