Saturday, April 7, 2018

Delayed Awakening

SO it's Spring. But it's also snowing.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Donald Taylor Jr., people smiling, closeup and outdoorWe went camping for Spring Break, and it was warmer in the caves we explored than out by the campfire.

My peach trees are fully bloomed out, and covered with snow.

I am ready for the Spring Awakening.

But Mother Nature isn't.

And that got me to thinking back on times in my life when I felt ready for an awakening, but it kept getting delayed. Like I WAS READY DANG IT, let me be rebirthed already! But that winter season kept lingering. One example that comes to mind is I kept falling in love one proverbial winter season. The next guy was so much better than the last, but not as good as the next next one. I just knew my life was taking on a wonderful rebirth when I found The One. I began a dual life of living in two cities...I began to end contracts with clients in one city and explore securing contracts with new clients in another city. I just knew this my Spring was about to burst forth in all kinds of glory!

And then one day I got a phone call that he was breaking up with me. Yea, pretty much like that. We had discussed apartments the day before, deciding on a one bedroom with a small study for my office, even though it was about $3,500/month vs. no study which was about half that. I never saw him again, in fact that was our last phone call. Yes, he broke up with me via  phone call and then communicated via text from that point forth. Bam! Back in the winter season of my life. I was devastated for awhile.
Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature
But after going to my favorite beach, or church as I called it, doing lots of meditation at the Thai Temple in Tampa, and probably eating more carrot cake and bacon than I should...I decided this WAS the Spring of my life as God/Source/Mother Nature/whatever-name-you-prefer intended, just not that *I* intended.

So I called my grandma, who was rediagnosed with cancer around that time and told her I was moving back to Kentucky! I came home for a long visit and told my parents on the day I was setting my compass back to Florida, one last time. And my life has, indeed, entered a fruitful spring season these last several years.

Ultimately, my father died suddenly and unexpectedly, followed by my grandmother a few months later. I adopted a child, bought a house and changed careers. Talk about a rebirth! But it took time; Creator's time, not my time. I could not force this to happen anymore than I can force the snow to stop falling as I type this. I just had to sit with it and let it be. (inspiration, : Let It Be)

So whatever you're dealing with, struggling with, enduring please keep going. Sit with it if you must, ponder if you will, meditate if you prefer...but keep going. You breakthrough is coming; your spring is around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment