Saturday, May 5, 2018

Rainy Derby Day & Homemade Brownies

It's  an ol' grey, rainy, dreary Derby Day here in Derby City. (A great day for the long shots, I might add!)

My son has a friend over and we were supposed to go to Kentucky Kingdom, but the rain kept us away. Instead, we went to a delicious local pizza place (Derby City Pizza). After returning home the boys settled into building some empire on Minecraft and I turned my attention to labeling soaps for our small business (like us on FaceBook: Soapman & Son). Then, I decided my grandmother would bake brownies! Seeing as this is the house she lived in for 30ish years, that I have her 8x8 baking dish and her love of cooking I decided I, too, MUST bake brownies! FROM SCRATCH! I did not search her recipe box, instead I turned to the Internet.

Here is the link to the food blog I used for the brownie recipe today. It was meh. The flavor was not strong enough, the sugar quantity made it too sweet. Luckily I added some walnuts and chocolate chips to enhance the recipe.

next time I think I'll cut the sugar, add a little more flour and definitely add more cocoa. With that said, based on how quickly the boys devoured their piece I'd say it's got winning (potential) written all over it!

So here you go, enjoy this day, even when it's nasty outside you can make it delightful (and delicious) inside!

bon apetit!
Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment