Friday, October 5, 2018

Sweet Victory!

Life has been a challenge lately.

It's hard. Life. Parenting. Solo-preneuring. Processing. Living. It's all so very hard.

And we often make it harder on ourselves. This week, I am launching a new paradigm shift for myself and focusing on small victories.

When my son and I first became a family, I chunked the day up to help with behavior modification and positive reinforcement. It first it was literally in like tiny chunks: From shower to eating breakfast, from breakfast to leaving the house for school, from leaving the house for school to arriving at school. From picking up after school to home, then on to homework, then dinner, then post dinner. etc. About 10 chunks, believe it or not! Slowly chunks of time became longer and the behavior more appropriate.

So I am doing the same with myself. I am chunking my day into thirds: Morning, day time, evening. And for each, I am searching for a personal victory. This is a victory I am experiencing and responsible for, not a victory I am celebrating alongside someone else.

So yesterday my victories included: resisting the pumpkin roll at the coffee shop; I took a self care nap after I picked up my son from school; I overcame the desire to be alone in favor of cuddling w/ my son (and cat and dog) for a bit before bed.

This morning, my victory is: I set my alarm to get up and go for a nice run w/ my dear friend Nicole. Even when I wanted to just stay in bed. Or read. Or Facebook. Or anything else, really.

So what about you? What is your victory for this morning? Even if it is "just" getting out of bed--celebrate it. Some days getting out of bed IS a victory unto itself!

Image result for victory

No comments:

Post a Comment