Monday, January 15, 2018

List of Lists

As I approach 40, I am doing quite a bit of reflection. Most people in my family don't make it out of their 60's and many never even see 60. So, statistically speaking, I am entering the final act of my life. I am becoming ok with this, setting up affairs so that those I love are taken care of, trying to live with less stress and more joy, and most importantly I am still setting my finances and such up as if I'll live well into my 80s and 90s touring around in my RV. So y'all ain't got rid of me yet, but dang near close if you look at my family history!

To that end, I've been thinking of lists...and here is what I am going to try to come up with over the next year. One list a month. Perhaps there'll be 40 items on each list, perhaps only 10. Time will tell. Do you have any suggestions for additions to my list of lists?

ish
List of lists

Things that bring me joy
Reasons I support St. Joe's Children's Home
Why I do what I do
Songs and/or music
Experiences I've had
Books I've read
Influential people, places or things in my life
Lessons learned: from working with people, the great outdoors and marathons
Lessons I'd instill in my son, if he'd listen
Thoughts on being a child of an addict, and a parent of a trauma survivor





No comments:

Post a Comment