Sunday, July 22, 2018

Favorite Parts of Summer

Sure, summer time is a more carefree time of year. I adjust my work schedule to accommodate doing fun stuff and random midday lunches with my son. I generally go to work daily in shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt. Often my clients are more relaxed and we get to share vacation stories. Summer, for me, is a wonderful time of year in a carefree kind of way. Truly, I love each season as they bring about different types of enjoyment for me and the carefree-ness of summer just can't be matched by any other season.

One of my favorite parts of summer is preparing for winter. Farmer's markets are in full swing. Tomatoes are at their reddest this time of year and zucchini is abundant! It is great to observe the seasons by what's available at the market. And this week it was zucchini week!

So I made chocolate zucchini bread, of course! I have searched for YEARS for the perfect chocolate zucchini bread that did not rely on chocolate chips for the chocolate component. I wanted a full on chocolate zucchini bread dang it! And I finally found it a few years ago. This is NOT my recipe and I do not alter it so I am going to post the link to the blog where I found it. If you like high calorie, delicious, buttery tasting (though it uses oil not butter) chocolate zucchini bread you are going to want to try this recipe. And then bookmark it because it's a winner!

I have two teenage boys sleeping right now. I tried to wait until they woke up before slicing into it but...I just couldn't! Hope they don't mind. Who am I kidding, they won't even notice as they devour slice after slice, I bet! This recipe makes either two full loaves (though they are a little on the smaller side) or one full loaf and two mini loaves. One of the mini loaves is already marked to head to my mother's as her welcome-home treat upon returning from a week of vacation...if I can keep the boys away from it, that is!

Enjoy!

Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread EVER! 


No comments:

Post a Comment